Taking On The Summer:
Living in Southeast Asia one thing is very common in all the countries here. And that is heat. I believe we people are the best in surviving this hot weather. The dust and pollution on the roads also add up to the scorching heat of the sun. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about the weather. However, what we can do is refresh and rehydrate ourselves. This is where buying the best iced tea maker is important.
And what better way to energize yourself then a refreshing glass of iced tea. But before that, you must know how to make it and all. I remember there was this place in front of my college and there was this shop that used to sell the greatest iced tea I ever had. But unfortunately, as a student, I couldn’t afford to get a drink often. So I decided to buy an iced tea maker in the market.
Things To Consider:
If you are reading this I guess you are in the market looking for the best iced tea maker out there. Well before you decide on buying any of them out there. There are some things to know and consider beforehand. Those are:
- The capacity of tea pitcher.
- Amount of space tea maker will take up on a counter.
- Does it spill water when making?
- Is clean-up easy after you make tea?
- Is the tea pitcher dishwasher safe?
- What type of tea does it take – loose, bagged or both?
- Is there a sugar compartment?
- Does it have an auto shut-off switch for safety?
- Is there a reusable filter?
- Can I use my own pitcher with it?
- Is there a brew-strength setting?
- How fast is the brew time?
Now you may wonder why are there so many points. And the reason behind this is that I take my health and food very seriously. What good is it if I cannot drink the perfect chilled iced tea when I get home from a long day?
Mr. Coffee 2-in-1 Iced Tea Brewing System:
The Best Iced Tea Maker For The Summer:
Now if you are also someone like me who takes his iced tea seriously then I would say the Mr. Coffee 2-in-1 Iced Tea Brewing System would be the perfect one for you. When I first decided to buy the best iced tea maker I did a lot of research. And after my research, I found the Mr. Coffee 2-in-1 Iced Tea Brewing System. It had many good reviews and users rated it very well. So I made my decision and purchased it.
Build And Design:
The build of the product is very good and the components are also of very high quality. Even though it is made of plastic it doesn’t feel cheap.
Coming to the features of the machine there are quite a few. On the top, there is a lid. If you lift the top up you will see there is a basket. This is where the tea goes. There is also a water dripper. The basket also has a handle. So you can easily clean after you are done making tea.
Now let’s come to the part of making tea. You swing out the little unit on the top. Then you will see the reservoir. This is where you put the water. There are also indicators. These indicators show the maximum amount of water you can put. There is also a very huge and nice pitcher that comes with it. The pitcher has an indicator of water and an indicator of ice.
Making Your Tea:
Now that you are ready to make your tea you just have to put the pitcher underneath the tap of the machine. Then you will push the power button and it will make the tea.
Not everyone in the world likes their iced tea light. Different people have different tastes. This is why the best iced tea maker from Mr. Coffee has multiple strength settings. So you can have the weaker or stronger tea. Let’s have a look at some of its other features as well.
Check Out User Review.
- 2-in-1 Brewing for fresh iced tea with any flavor tea bags or tea leaves
- Fast Brewing Cycle makes up to 2.5 quarts fast and fresh in just minutes
- Lift & Clean Filter -Basket with Permanent Filter pulls out and wash off easily
- Brew Strength Selector switches up the flavor too strong if you like it bolder tasting
- Auto Shut Off powers off tea maker as soon as it’s done brewing
- Dishwasher-safe glass pitcher & lid
- Power ON Indicator: lights up to show it’s on
- Water Reservoir with Window, No overflows! See exact water level as you fill
- Water Filtration Ready: Removes up to 97% of chlorine* for better tasting iced tea
- The overall size and shape of the tea maker are great, slim and tall not bulky.
- Elegant black glossy design.
- There is a ‘max’ water level marker on the appliance’s water reservoir — so you can add water directly to the reservoir without using the pitcher if you are inclined to do so. I found this very helpful.
- The multiple options to change the taste of your iced tea is also a nice addition.
- Easy to brew and use.
- Very strong and rigid build.
- The compact storage design is wonderful to save precious counter space.
- A quick swing of the top allows for easy filling and brewing.
- The filter basket is removable and very easy to clean.
- Brews water/tea very hot and quickly.
- It is made of plastic which gives a very cheap feel to the machine.
- The lid of the machine is very poorly made and falls off after some use.
- The glass on the carafe is too thin.
- The on/off switch is not clicky enough.
Other Honorable Mentions:
Capresso Iced Tea maker with 80oz Glass Carafe and Removable Water Tank:
If you are looking to buy the best iced tea maker in the market you may get a bit confused. Just because there are so many types and brands of them out there. So I thought to mention just one product wouldn’t be right.
If you didn’t like the Mr. Coffee 2-in-1 Iced Tea Brewing System then no problem. You can check out the Capresso Iced Tea maker. It is a very simple but s significant iced tea maker and probably can compete with the Mr. Coffee 2. So let’s have a look at some of its features.
- 80 oz. glass pitcher with removable lid and an easy-pour spout
- Removable permanent filter for loose tea or tea bags
- The water tank is also removable for easy filling and cleaning
- Dishwasher-safe glass pitcher, permanent filter and removable filter basket
- Adjust the brew strength with the slide on the front of the machine.
Check Out User Reviews.
- Simple straight design.
- The pitcher glass that comes with it is very sturdy.
- Easy to clean.
- . It traps the tea in a carafe and does not drip liquid on the counter.
- The water tank is easy to fill and remove. Great product.
- Very easy to use.
- Very premium quality build.
- Some may not like the bulk design.
- The tea maker has a few problems:
Overall I would say that both these iced tea makers are great and probably the best iced tea maker you can find right now. And probably the best in the market. They both have similar functions and attributes. It really depends on your personal opinion about which one you buy. But I would definitely suggest you buy the Mr. Coffee 2-in-1 Iced Tea Brewing System. I believe it has the competitive edge compared to the Capresso Iced Tea maker.